Friday, October 24, 2008

Lampshade Project

Looking for an instant gratification project? Me, too. Yesterday, I spent half an hour vamping up lampshades for some immediate satisfaction. These lamps are cheapo, Crate and Barrel jar lamps with plain, oval lampshades.
I bought some ribbon and glue at Michael's. It took about 30 minutes to glue the ribbon to both shades.


And here is the finished project...

Next, I would like to add valances to the windows - faux Roman shades - like these in a bright, off the wall color.I would also like to change the bed pillows to something more exciting, like this.

Then I would like to make slipcovers for the bedside tables to give them more visual weight. Stay tuned!

5 comments:

Ivy Lane said...

Great transformation! Can't wait to see how your other projects come along. I would finish in the bedroom first..pillows and slipcovers for the side tables (LOVE that idea!) and then move to the living room.. I once had several projects going at once..and felt overwhelmed as nothing was seeming to be complete!

Thanks for stopping by my blog!! :)

Unknown said...

Your home is amazing!! Makes mine look like a shed! I love your ideas for re-vamping. May even borrow an idea or two from you!
Viv xx

Linda Crowder said...

Now Viv, give my friend a break. You know how it is when you are busy stamping away the hours. We don't have time to remodel. Nancy your photos of your projects are stunning! I am so glad I found your site. Thanks for stopping by my blog, too. I am inspired myself. Linda Crowder

Linda Crowder said...

Do you recognize the photo I use on my comment?

My Decor Style said...

Linda - I DO recognize that photo! I still miss that place - but I like the new place, too! Nancy