Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Treasure Hunting

I had a very productive treasure hunt this weekend. I finally stopped at this local antiques shop that I had passed by FOR YEARS but was convinced that it was too junky and that I would find nothing there and that it was a complete waste of time. BOY WAS I WRONG!! I stopped by and left with a trunk full of goodies! I even found a few Christmas gifts.

I found these vintage Oriental figurines that go perfectly in my dining room with my Japanese jewelry boxes.

I found a huge vintage, wooden, Oriental box that also goes in my dining room. It also serves as storage for cloth napkins and napkin rings. It is not that vintage, but I still like it.

I love this 1950's egg plate. The color is perfect and it was only $8.


I collect tin cans. This one is from Germany and was only $12.
I think this is a jelly server? I like it because of the way the lid opens. I put it on my dresser to store earrings and beads.

The lid swings open by tilting the handle backwards.

My son found this 1870's trunk. It is not in the best shape, but for $65.00 - who cares as long as he likes it!

It has some moisture damage on the interior. He has already filled it up with stuff.
I am not sure if this bottle is old or not, but I like it.
And last, another Tole tray. I love the deep, soft red. Compared to what most shops are selling them for, this one was a bargain!

Next time I won't be so quick to judge a place before I write it off because this shop turned out to be a gem. Visit Pineapple Patti's on U.S. 1 in Fort Pierce, Florida, and find your own treasures!

1 comment:

cotedetexas said...

I love the turq. plate - it looks like a great place!
thanks for the great great comment too - loved it!
joni